Residential Plans Library
The Residential Plans Library is a database of professionally designed, preapproved residential building plans available for purchase that complement the character of Roanoke’s neighborhoods. These complete sets of construction plans will save you time and money!
- Affordably priced plus the City has already covered the cost of any required modifications. ***Pricing information is subject to change. Please contact the vendor for current purchasing and plan use policy.
- Pre-approved by the City of Roanoke for compliance with the Neighborhood Design District and the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code, expediting your review process.
- Prior to purchase, please email Jillian Papa to ensure your selected plan meets the height, width, and setback requirements for your chosen lot. Modifications to a plan will negate City’s preapproval.
- Reduced permitting fees (building review fee already covered).
- Determine building height, width, and setback requirements per the Zoning Ordinance of your chosen lot.
- Consult the Neighborhood Patterns (PDF) section of the Residential Pattern Book for the City of Roanoke to determine your chosen lot’s neighborhood classification.
- Select plan from the Residential Plans Library that meets your specifications, complies with zoning requirements, and complements the neighborhood.
- Email Jillian Papa to confirm that the selected plan is compatible with the chosen lot.
- Purchase plan from vendor. Please ensure that you specify the plan number when ordering.
- Draft a basic development plan to submit with building plans.
- Submit building permit application package to the Permit Center (Room 170 of the Noel C. Taylor Municipal Building at 215 Church Avenue SW) for review and approval.
|Number of Bedrooms/Baths||Image|
|The Rorer - MOD1103003 (PDF)
||Single-Family||30 Feet||1,712 Square Feet||5 Bedroom/2 Bath|
|The Salem - MOD1103004 (PDF)||Single-Family||26 Feet||1,404 Square Feet||3 Bedroom/1.5 Bath|
|The Norfolk - MOD1103005 (PDF)||Single-Family||26 Feet||1,390 Square Feet||4 Bedroom/2 Bath|
|The Patterson - MOD1103006 (PDF)||Single-Family||26 Feet||1,600 Square Feet||4-5 Bedroom/2 Bath|
|ADA Duplex - MOD1003003 (PDF)||2-Family||44 Feet||869 Square Feet Per Unit||1 Bedroom/1 Bath per unit|
|The Dylan - MOD1003002 (PDF)||Single-Family||30 Feet||1,380 Square Feet||3 Bedroom/2.5 Bath|
|The Cypress - MOD1003005 (PDF)||Single-Family||26 Feet||2,080 Square Feet||3 Bedroom/2.5 Bath|
|The Hickory - MOD1003006
|Single-Family||37 Feet||2,150 Square Feet||3 Bedroom/2.5 Bath|
|The Maple - MOD1003007 (PDF)||Single-Family||39 Feet||2,180 Square Feet||4 Bedroom/3.5 Bath|
|House 2 - MOD1003001 (PDF)||2-Family||24 Feet 9 Inches||1,149 Square Feet Per Unit||2 Bedroom/1.5 Bath per unit|